2EZ Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!"

+8
visserac88
Zero
Suunnny_Day
Shino'sDad
The_Sixth_Prong
Shikamaru_Of_Hebi #1
hakuyou
pyrot53
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Did you enjoy this article?

Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!" - Page 2 I_vote_lcap86%Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!" - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!" - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!" - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!" - Page 2 Empty Re: Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!"

Post  pyrot53 Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Andrew explained more clean in skype.

There are 3 effects

1. Continuous. Everyone knows about this one.

2. Activated. The one the rule encompasses. The one that a player chooses to activate.
and
3. Triggered. People are getting confused on this one. Its an effect that is triggered by something that happens. Like being put in play, at the start of your turn, or if your opponent does something. These do not have costs cept I heard that Tylar doesnt even know what these are so they messed the rulings up with some of these.
pyrot53
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

https://2ezforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!" - Page 2 Empty Re: Strategy Article "New Rule Change: Ninja Effects Have Costs!"

Post  Zero Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:24 pm

pyrot53 wrote:Andrew explained more clean in skype.

There are 3 effects

2. Activated. The one the rule encompasses. The one that a player chooses to activate.
and
3. Triggered. People are getting confused on this one. Its an effect that is triggered by something that happens. Like being put in play, at the start of your turn, or if your opponent does something. These do not have costs cept I heard that Tylar doesnt even know what these are so they messed the rulings up with some of these.

I was corrected in what I said, there are triggered abilities that do have costs in magic, they are just uncommon. For the sake of preventing confusion I think Bandai should avoiding printing alot those types of cards.
Zero
Zero
Shonen Jump Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Shenanigans Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Zero wrote:
pyrot53 wrote:Andrew explained more clean in skype.

There are 3 effects

and

I was corrected in what I said, there are triggered abilities that do have costs in magic, they are just uncommon. For the sake of preventing confusion I think Bandai should avoiding printing alot those types of cards.

lololol good try... but they will print tons
Shenanigans
Shenanigans
Shonen Jump Champion
Shonen Jump Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  bunnyslayer Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:56 pm

Ok Im getting lost so do put into play effects have costs or no?
bunnyslayer
bunnyslayer
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrot53 Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:20 pm

bunnyslayer wrote:Ok Im getting lost so do put into play effects have costs or no?

No they dont because they have a trigger and the trigger is when they come into play.
pyrot53
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Back to top Go down

Post  bunnyslayer Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:16 pm

This shit is fuckin confusing and I play L5R for god sake! >_>
bunnyslayer
bunnyslayer
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Suunnny_Day Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:16 pm

Lol, Thomas, no, i don't think it works that way.

Put in Play effects are Triggers, and if they have layout appropriate to a cost layout, then they will have a cost that must be paid,

i believe that's true. as for an example, the Tsunade that Tylar uses in his article x)

Suunnny_Day
Shonen Jump Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrot53 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Suunnny_Day wrote:Lol, Thomas, no, i don't think it works that way.

Put in Play effects are Triggers, and if they have layout appropriate to a cost layout, then they will have a cost that must be paid,

i believe that's true. as for an example, the Tsunade that Tylar uses in his article x)

But they said TA didnt have to discard :\

This is why this rule was fucking retarded.
pyrot53
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Sixth_Prong Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:07 pm

pyrot53 wrote:

^^^ This.
The_Sixth_Prong
The_Sixth_Prong
Special Jonin
Special Jonin

https://facebook.com/tony.lucchetti

Back to top Go down

Post  Suunnny_Day Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:22 pm

pyrot53 wrote:

Hey bro, I totally understand ya man. i kinda hate it too =/

if you go by the new thread that Tylar posted this recent week, about the effects, the Naruto TA ninja falls perfectly in line with a Trigger Effect that has a Cost. [It follows the template pretty well] That is unless I'm missing something, T_T

But i think i'm right on it, if you check it out, lol. With regards to your post and Zero's post, had they mention beforehand that Trigger Effects didn't have Costs? B/c that new thread kinda disagrees with that =(

Suunnny_Day
Shonen Jump Champion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2