2EZ Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Card of the Week #1

4 posters

Go down

Card of the Week #1 Empty Card of the Week #1

Post  pyrot53 Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 am

I want to start a new segment that will start the week on a Monday or Tuesday with a brief article and discussion on a card I think is going to impact the meta quite a bit in either the near or sometimes distant future.

Without further ado the first card Id like to feature...
Card of the Week #1 M75211

Most people pass this card off as junk, and I am going to have to definitely disagree on that. Almost every deck plays a copy of Comparative Strength in either the mainboard or sideboard and if not, they play some kind of effect negation that their element has access to. With almost all Counter Mission effect negation leaving with next rotation, except for Dehydration, people will have to fill the void left in their decks by Comparative Strength. This card is likely going to fit the bill. Its no hand cost lets it be played outside of the decks most people think it would be in. While it gives your opponent a chance to play around it, it also leaves them with a tough decision. Deploy that ninja and lose its effect, or underdrop or miss a drop and wait Senju vs Uchiha out? While any non valid ninjas are injured and in play you get an extra turn of no effects that will allow you to manipulate this card to your advantage. Whether or not you build your deck around it or use it to lock up certain situations, this card definitely has potential.

In the current meta it several uses. You can drop it on decks that rely on effects such as True Allies or No Hand Water they are in for some trouble. In the decks where it is on element such as earth, you can use C0's effect to wipe the board, and if thats not enough, drop Senju vs Uchiha and lock up the game even further. Fire decks can utilize this card as an imporant on element card. In Fire rush decks such as Dogs this card is a great sideboard choice. Making sure the potential game ending effects against dogs such as Sasuke [Freezing Eyes] stay negated for several turns while you are free to keep the pressure on with the ninja spamming that dogs have. While some might say, "Why not just side in Comparative Strength?", for those who have played dogs, they know that it drains your resources pretty darn quick and having that off element Comparative Strength in your hand when you need to pay the cost of a jutsu or mission can be the end of the line for the puppies.

And as everyone should know, this card is a superb mission in the No Effect Text deck. The outstanding support "Vanilla" got this set it could definitely be a threat. Their beefed up stats and the new Clash card to give them added draw power may give the other decks a run for their money.
pyrot53
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

https://2ezforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Card of the Week #1 Empty Re: Card of the Week #1

Post  Deets Tue May 31, 2011 6:11 pm

Glad to see that someone besides me thinks this is sideboard candy.
Deets
Deets
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikamaru pwns anyone Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:08 pm

Interesting. Guess I wont think of this card as trash if I pull it. I can see it after roation, but im still not sure about before.
Shikamaru pwns anyone
Shikamaru pwns anyone
Chunin
Chunin

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrot53 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Shikamaru pwns anyone wrote:Interesting. Guess I wont think of this card as trash if I pull it. I can see it after roation, but im still not sure about before.

I could see it in some sideboards for sure, especially if TA starts to take up a large part of the meta. But definitely good post rotation.
pyrot53
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Back to top Go down

Post  WannaGimmiDome Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:19 pm

pyrot53 wrote:I want to start a new segment that will start the week on a Monday or Tuesday with a brief article and discussion on a card I think is going to impact the meta quite a bit in either the near or sometimes distant future.

Most people pass this card off as junk, and I am going to have to definitely disagree on that. Almost every deck plays a copy of Comparative Strength in either the mainboard or sideboard and if not, they play some kind of effect negation that their element has access to. With almost all Counter Mission effect negation leaving with next rotation, except for Dehydration, people will have to fill the void left in their decks by Comparative Strength. This card is likely going to fit the bill. Its no hand cost lets it be played outside of the decks most people think it would be in. While it gives your opponent a chance to play around it, it also leaves them with a tough decision. Deploy that ninja and lose its effect, or underdrop or miss a drop and wait Senju vs Uchiha out? While any non valid ninjas are injured and in play you get an extra turn of no effects that will allow you to manipulate this card to your advantage. Whether or not you build your deck around it or use it to lock up certain situations, this card definitely has potential.

In the current meta it several uses. You can drop it on decks that rely on effects such as True Allies or No Hand Water they are in for some trouble. In the decks where it is on element such as earth, you can use C0's effect to wipe the board, and if thats not enough, drop Senju vs Uchiha and lock up the game even further. Fire decks can utilize this card as an imporant on element card. In Fire rush decks such as Dogs this card is a great sideboard choice. Making sure the potential game ending effects against dogs such as Sasuke [Freezing Eyes] stay negated for several turns while you are free to keep the pressure on with the ninja spamming that dogs have. While some might say, "Why not just side in Comparative Strength?", for those who have played dogs, they know that it drains your resources pretty darn quick and having that off element Comparative Strength in your hand when you need to pay the cost of a jutsu or mission can be the end of the line for the puppies. BALLS!

And as everyone should know, this card is a superb mission in the No Effect Text deck. The outstanding support "Vanilla" got this set it could definitely be a threat. Their beefed up stats and the new Clash card to give them added draw power may give the other decks a run for their money.

depends on field control, i see this as kick to your opponent while they're on the ground. i cant really see you gaining field control with this card.
WannaGimmiDome
WannaGimmiDome
Genin
Genin

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrot53 Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:42 am

WannaGimmiDome wrote:
pyrot53 wrote:I want to start a new segment that will start the week on a Monday or Tuesday with a brief article and discussion on a card I think is going to impact the meta quite a bit in either the near or sometimes distant future.

In the current meta it several uses. You can drop it on decks that rely on effects such as True Allies or No Hand Water they are in for some trouble. In the decks where it is on element such as earth, you can use C0's effect to wipe the board, and if thats not enough, drop Senju vs Uchiha and lock up the game even further. Fire decks can utilize this card as an imporant on element card. In Fire rush decks such as Dogs this card is a great sideboard choice. Making sure the potential game ending effects against dogs such as Sasuke [Freezing Eyes] stay negated for several turns while you are free to keep the pressure on with the ninja spamming that dogs have. While some might say, "Why not just side in Comparative Strength?", for those who have played dogs, they know that it drains your resources pretty darn quick and having that off element Comparative Strength in your hand when you need to pay the cost of a jutsu or mission can be the end of the line for the puppies. BALLS!

depends on field control, i see this as kick to your opponent while they're on the ground. i cant really see you gaining field control with this card.

Well obviously it cant really gain you a huge advantage on its own, but what it can do is prolong their victory giving you time to draw your outs.
pyrot53
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down