2EZ Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightning Toads potentially for Chunin 12/4

4 posters

Go down

Lightning Toads potentially for Chunin 12/4 Empty Lightning Toads potentially for Chunin 12/4

Post  The_Sixth_Prong Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 am

32 Ninja

3 Messenger Ninja Set 16
3 Gamakichi Set 9
2 Rock Lee Set 17
2 Naruto Uzumaki Set 5

3 Naruto (Clone)
2 Shion (Awakened)

3 Konohamaru Ninja Squad
2 Biscuit

2 Jiraiya (Childhood)
1 Naruto [R]

1 Kakashi Target Promo

1 Giant Ninja Toad

1 Gamabunta

3 Might Guy Set 17

3 Tobi Set 16

10 Jutsu

3 Summoning Jutsu
3 Multi Shadow Clone
2 Fear By Genjutsu
2 Rasengan Set 16

8 Mission

2 Recollection
3 Messenger Ninjas
3 Succeeded Will of Fire

6 Reinforcement

3 Naruto Shion
2 Naruto Jiraiya Set 17
1 Naruto Jiraiya Set 15

10 Sideboard

3 Friendship from Sorrow
2 Kabuto Yakushi
3 Comparative Strengths
2 Popularity

If you have any input that you believe would make this a better deck, please tell me and I may likely test that change.
The_Sixth_Prong
The_Sixth_Prong
Special Jonin
Special Jonin

https://facebook.com/tony.lucchetti

Back to top Go down

Lightning Toads potentially for Chunin 12/4 Empty Re: Lightning Toads potentially for Chunin 12/4

Post  JaMa Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:53 pm

-2 Recollection

+2 Bonds of Friendship, +2 Group Lesson, or +2 JLDC. I'd personally go with Bonds of Friendship.

-1 Gamakichi

+1 Ino Enticement for the possibility to get quick, early BR's to set up Gamakichi.

-1 Biscuit

+1 Baki is kind of a win more card in this deck type, but it ensures victory (they could possibly scoop if they haven't done so yet) after you have just pulled GNT shenaginans along with Shion Aw.

-1 KNS
-1 MSC jutsu

+2 4th Hokage YD is another user for the jutsus and comes in as early as your turn 2 against Dogs.
JaMa
JaMa
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Lightning Toads potentially for Chunin 12/4 Empty Re: Lightning Toads potentially for Chunin 12/4

Post  The_Sixth_Prong Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:50 pm

JaMa wrote:-2 Recollection

+2 Bonds of Friendship, +2 Group Lesson, or +2 JLDC. I'd personally go with Bonds of Friendship.

The point of Recollection is a Turn 1 hand swap or to get a Toad back to the deck to Summon. I purposely put a Turn 1 Mission on that slot.

Bonds is a 2 for 1 and a chakra. Group Lesson would be in the place of Succeeded Will of Fire, if anything. Also, Drift? This isn't a fire deck, you know...

JaMa wrote:-1 Gamakichi

+1 Ino Enticement for the possibility to get quick, early BR's to set up Gamakichi.

I have heard praises of Ino [Enticement] and I have had a few players, including Veazie, use it very effectively against me. I might consider this.

JaMa wrote:-1 Biscuit

+1 Baki is kind of a win more card in this deck type, but it ensures victory (they could possibly scoop if they haven't done so yet) after you have just pulled GNT shenaginans along with Shion Aw.

I wouldn't want to play Baki while I am playing Succeeded Will of Fire, not to mention that Biscuit is at least an extra swing every turn.

JaMa wrote:-1 KNS
-1 MSC jutsu

+2 4th Hokage YD is another user for the jutsus and comes in as early as your turn 2 against Dogs.

I might put 4th in the sideboard, as he is quite effect in swarm match-ups, such as Pain (almost sounds like a joke) and, like you said, Dogs.

Even if I were to mainboard him, I don't think it would be worth a Konohamaru Ninja Squad OR a Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu just to play him.
_____

Even though I may sound overcritical, I truly appreciate your input. It allows me to examine and explain why I have made the choices I have.

Again, thank you, and if anyone has anything to say about the deck, please do.
The_Sixth_Prong
The_Sixth_Prong
Special Jonin
Special Jonin

Back to top Go down

Post  JaMa Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:44 pm

The_Sixth_Prong wrote:Even though I may sound overcritical, I truly appreciate your input. It allows me to examine and explain why I have made the choices I have.

Again, thank you, and if anyone has anything to say about the deck, please do.

No problem. I figure Recollection was more of your style type of thing, but I still gave my input on it. It has never tested well for me. I have rotated said missions in and out of my deck to test out. Yes, JLDC is Fire-centric, but you have a decent amount of it already in there with SWOF, Biscuit, and Jiraiya C.

Ino is definitely worth trying out. Her only down side is the expansion of many non-male t0 ninjas (gama, dogs, anko, sakura) on the rise. One of the best scenarios is having Gamakichi on field, GNT in hand, and drop Ino E to get the 2 BR's you need to GNT them.

I guess Baki is preference, too. If you're looking for the late game SWoF, then yeah, otherwise switch SWoF for Group Lesson (as you mentioned). Biscuit, I found helpful, but not essential enough to use more than one of him. Again, preference.

As for the 4th, there's been times when I wanted to switch 4th to side deck material just for dogs. That said, KNS can be grabbed by Naruclone and MSCj is really only effective once per game in my experience. Mayb another 'Bunta and instead of another ninja, Rasegan WoF.

Just explaining more my reasons. $ 0.02
JaMa
JaMa
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrot53 Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:00 pm

If you run JLDC, try and fit in Make out Tactics
pyrot53
pyrot53
ANBU
ANBU

https://2ezforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Sixth_Prong Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 pm

JaMa wrote:No problem. I figure Recollection was more of your style type of thing, but I still gave my input on it. It has never tested well for me. I have rotated said missions in and out of my deck to test out. Yes, JLDC is Fire-centric, but you have a decent amount of it already in there with SWOF, Biscuit, and Jiraiya C.

Recollection allows me to tap into new cards if I need to, and I don't feel guilty if I ever have to use it for hand cost. Also, with JLDC, it wouldn't work.

JaMa wrote:Ino is definitely worth trying out. Her only down side is the expansion of many non-male t0 ninjas (gama, dogs, anko, sakura) on the rise. One of the best scenarios is having Gamakichi on field, GNT in hand, and drop Ino E to get the 2 BR's you need to GNT them.

With Messenger Ninja at 3, I might be able to get away with Gamakichi at 2 and still be able to pull him off if I need him, so I may take out 1 for an Ino.

JaMa wrote:I guess Baki is preference, too. If you're looking for the late game SWoF, then yeah, otherwise switch SWoF for Group Lesson (as you mentioned). Biscuit, I found helpful, but not essential enough to use more than one of him. Again, preference.

Now that you bring it up, I may take out Succeeded Will of Fire. It allows more chakra and less cards ditched and I could play non-Leaf ninjas, like Baki.

JaMa wrote:As for the 4th, there's been times when I wanted to switch 4th to side deck material just for dogs. That said, KNS can be grabbed by Naruclone and MSCj is really only effective once per game in my experience. Mayb another 'Bunta and instead of another ninja, Rasegan WoF.

Whenever I play Naruto (Clone), I grab [Reliance]. Even if I missed my 2-drop, it is still worth grabbing a mission and/or busting off a Rasengan.

Also, with Multi Shadow Clone, you can win games with it if you use it at the right time. Shit is ridiculously good, definitely better than 4th YD.

JaMa wrote:Just explaining more my reasons. $ 0.02

And I respect that.

pyrot53 wrote:If you run JLDC, try and fit in Make out Tactics

1. I wouldn't consider adding JLDC with only, like, 7 other Fire cards.

2. I don't have enough Make-Out Tactics, and everyone I know who has them is running Water and can't spare any.
The_Sixth_Prong
The_Sixth_Prong
Special Jonin
Special Jonin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kankuro64 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:49 am

-1 Tobi
-1 might guy
+2 Fourth YD S

This card can really get you out of a tight spot

Then have fourth/jiraiya in your reinforcement
Kankuro64
Kankuro64
Puppet Master

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Sixth_Prong Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:17 am

Kankuro64 wrote:-1 Tobi
-1 might guy
+2 Fourth YD S

This card can really get you out of a tight spot

Then have fourth/jiraiya in your reinforcement

I plan on having the game won by Turn 4, so 2 Fourth YD really isn't worth taking out a Tobi and a Might Guy.
The_Sixth_Prong
The_Sixth_Prong
Special Jonin
Special Jonin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down